“Photography records the gamut of feelings written on the human face, the beauty of the earth and skies that man has inherited, and the wealth and confusion man has created. It is a major force in explaining man to man.” -Edward Steichen

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

My roommate set out on a mission to make a change in her life. She decided to cut her bangs. Whether it be Anne Hathaway’s killer bangs in The Devil Wears Prada or just how she felt that morning, I’m not entirely sure, but the fact is that she returned home from a infamous haircut with bangs. She took a chance and made a bold statement through what I had thought was not only a dying fad, but a dead fad. She shocked us all with the best looking bangs ever!
Her bangs take many forms, all of which have been very entertaining. When she returned home from her haircut she had the sweetest 70s style looking bangs I had ever seen. They came flat down on her forehead and were just barely long enough to cover a bit of her eyes.  Her 80s rocker style bangs had appeared that morning standing straight up out of her head in answer to the head band she used to tame them down the night before. Accident? I think not, just her bangs expressing their ultimate ability of transformation.
The point is that this haircut will go down in history in my roommate’s life. She will go down in history as the only one of my friends who dared to cut there bangs in this decade. She could be the start of a serious fad that could wipe out “The Rachel” forever.
I will document this event for the next two weeks and see the many forms her bangs take and the many events that occur due to Katy Peter’s new haircut.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vanessa!
So... I came back to Minneapolis after Xmas and my boyfriend, Joe, is like "I saw some pictures of you as a blond on the internet" confused(worried) I asked where; he was like "oh Vanessa has a blog" now I felt like I was in an alternate universe, since I did not think he knew who you ... then he showed my THE BANG pictures :-) affecting my life 3 years later... haha.
I hope you are well and thriving lady! Take care- Katy

8:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home